Sunday, December 7, 2008

Blind Date


One day as I was traveling back to Bandra in that crowded train, there was this man sitting next to me wearing white kurta pyjama & dark glasses and looking out of the window. He was humming an old hindi film song. Suddenly he asked me without looking at me, why am I so restless. I asked him how does he know that I am restless. He said my body language indicated that. After sometime he again said that I must wear colourful clothes. I looked at my stained cream coloured T-Shirt and kept quiet. Then he said" sometimes a colourful shirt can change your state of mind". I asked him why was he wearing a white kurta pyjama. He said that is because he was not restless. At Dadar station he got up walked towards the door of the local train, pushing the crowd. Somebody shouted "get off my foot, cant you see you are standing on it". He turned towards this man and said," I am sorry I did't see. I am blind" and disappeared in the crowd.
I looked at my stained cream T-Shirt and wondered at the thought of the blind man talking about colours, Since then, whenever I am feeling low or not in my elements or slightly off colour, I pick up a red shirt and my day changes its colour. Try it… It may work for you too…

4 comments:

SG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SG said...

heyy,
i completely agree..a bright colour on a dull day makes the dull day bright :)... another thing to instantly brighten a dull day is to watch sumthing that makes u laugh... i mostly watch my fav episodes of F>R>I>E>N>D>S>..and it really helps !!

P.S: good start.. keep writing regularly :)

P.P.S: heres your first comment on ur new blog... yayyyyy !!!!! hope it makes ur bright sunday brighter!

Another drop in the ocean said...

WOnderful... Great to know ppl who have such experiences!!

Motumal said...

fantastic narration friend...... the story has a meaning.....

it has worked wonders for me as well......not sure how and when it started......